The National Edible Oil Distributors’ Association
Membership with NEODA
Membership is available to any individual or company established in the UK and engaged in the manufacture, processing, packing and/or distribution of edible oils and fats or associated with the oils and fats trade and who feel they would benefit from having a closer liaison with other members of the trade and being part of an Association interested in raising standards.
There are many benefits to becoming a member
- Positive promotion of the benefits and safeguards for NEODA’s customers with the use of the Guarantee of Confidence logo. Protection of the logo for use only by NEODA members with its registration as a Collective Mark
- Working closely with the authorities to further our aims and objectives in developing standards within the industry and protection for the consumer
- Assisting Trading Standards Authorities in protecting the trade against misleading or illegal packs by fully implementing the Oil Monitoring Programme
- Positive action against unfair competition from non-members violating our standards by close liaison with the appropriate authorities
- An audit programme to check that members are fully complying with NEODA’s Guarantee of Confidence scheme and the Association’s Codes of Practices
- The NEODA website as well as access to Industry Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes, allowing easy reference to important and specific documentation
- Highly experienced Secretariat fully dedicated to oils and fats
- Close liaison with sister organisations thus ensuring a thorough knowledge of the industry and thereby speedy solution to issues affecting the trade
- Educational seminars, at a nominal cost, on issues directly pertinent to our trade
- Educational workshops on specific subjects such as packaging
- Free access to advice and assistance on all matters relating to the oils and fats industry
- Free distribution of circulars giving full explanation and guidance on all legal requirements
- A website offering the general public information about NEODA’s activities as well as a secure section for members
- Full and active social programme
All members must comply with the Rules of the Association and be signatories to the NEODA Guarantee of Confidence Scheme.
Got a question or want more information? Contact us.