These criteria are to be followed by Members of BACPOP when advertising/labelling oils as “Cold pressed”
1) No form of heat to be used at any stage of the Cold Pressing process other than as a priming aid, which should be discontinued once the presses are running normally.
2) Oils may only be Cold Pressed and must not have involved any chemical modification.
3) Members must meet, and be aware of, all EU legislative requirements..
4) No GM raw materials to be used.
5) All by-products, if intended to be used as animal feed, must be registered with a relevant regulartory body.
6) All Members must comply with the requirements of their Local Authorities with regard to Environmental Health, and Trading standard issues and HACCP.
7) All Members should have suitable and relevant Certificates of Analysis available for their products including Nutritional/Fatty Acid Profile, Microbiological analysis, Pesticides and Heavy Metal contents. Frequency of testing is at the discretion of the Member
8) Members should be able to provide full traceability on the product from raw material through to packed product.
9) Should any Member find themselves in any breach of this Code of Practice due to intervention by a Statutory Body, they must notify the Secretary of BACPOP within 14 days.
10) Should any Member be asked to leave BACPOP due to breach(es) of this Code they must remove all logos and references to BACPOP from their labels, literature/publicity and website immediately.
11) Should any Member leave BACPOP of their own accord the must remove all reference to BACPOP from their labels, literature/publicity and website within 3 calendar months.
Fish and Chip lovers across the UK will be coming together again on Friday 1 June 2018 to once again celebrate the nation’s favourite dish and NEODA are proud to be organising this special day again. Following the phenomenal success of the event last year, National Fish & Chip Day 2018 will see people throughout the country celebrating their love of the this iconic meal from fish & chip shops, pub chains, restaurants, retailers, to the fishermen and farmers who provide the sustainable and natural ingredients used to create it. We want to help Fish & Chip shops across the UK benefit from this awareness day and can offer advice on decorating your shops, running special promotions and competitions and generally creating a huge buzz about fish and chips. Keep an eye on this website for further information.
NEODA offers huge congratulations to the winner of the National Independent Fish and Chip Shop of the Year for 2018 - Millers Fish and Chips, Haxby. Congratulations also to 2nd placed Burton Road Chippy, Lincoln and 3rd placed Harbourside Fish & Chips, Plymouth.